Saturday, July 26, 2014

Blitz Torte Cake And Finding A New Park


I made a new cake!




It was...ok. It looks oh so beautiful but there were a couple of changes I'd made if I was doing it again.




It's an old German recipe although I got the "revised" version from Vintage Cakes. Ze Blitz Torte Cake. A dark, cinnamony cake with a creamy custard topped with tangy berries.


So here is the recipe:




In other news...we discovered a new park beside my husband's work. There we were, thinking the parking lot was "the park," then walking along a small dirt path, and bam! Huge field, huge pond, right in the middle of a huge town.




My daughter picked wildflowers and found a tree branch with a hole to hold them while we ate.


I think my finger is in the way. Yeah, yeah it is.


Cutie pie.


What a wonderful surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment